WMMGA Email Hotline
Can't find an answer to your gardening question on this site? Not sure how to google it? Send us an email and a Master Gardener will research your question and get back to you with an answer.
Be sure to tell us the name of your town and be as specific as possible about the problem. We can only provide assistance to gardeners in Western Massachusetts (Hampden, Hampshire, Franklin and Berkshire Counties). If you are in a different area, contact your local Master Gardener Association or State Extension Service.
Before you contact us, prepare to provide us with the following information which will help us give you the best possible answer.
If your question is about a specific plant:
- The name of the plant (preferably the scientific name)
- A detailed description of the problem, the symptoms, or the insect
- A description of the plant location (amount of sun, soil type, wind exposure, soil moisture)
- How the problem developed (suddenly, over time, in one plant, in one branch, etc.)
- What you have done so far about the problem
- Any other information that you think might be useful to us
If you have a general gardening question or one not related to a plant, provide as much detail as possible.
Click here to submit your question
Or use our Telephone Hotline